1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite day of the year?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 2, 2016.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Day after Thanksgiving. Football on and it usually means my mom's famous turkey sandwiches on sourdough. For that matter, first Saturday in October is always good. Conference play in full swing in cfb, baseball post-season.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Baseball Opening Day. It's capitalized, of course. More specifically, Indians home opener.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

First Saturday in May. Nothing else comes close

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Because the Caps have been eliminated by then?

(Too soon?)

JackReacher likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll echo DanOregon and say the first Saturday of October.

But really, it's the season of fall. Best weather of the year. College football season. Both kids involved with fall sports, (somewhat) enthusiastic about the new school year. Cheap golf during the day. Plenty of U-pick apples in the garage ...

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes. That first weekend (Thursday through Sunday) is the best.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've spent every birthday (March 26) since 1994 on Key Biscayne watching the Lipton International Players Championship Ericsson Open Nasdaq 100 Open Sony Open Miami Open . . . presented by Itau (aka magicians with a tennis racket doing their thing). Yeah, it's my favorite day. Even if they keep changing the name every few years.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Key Biscayne in March wouldn't suck.

March was my favorite month in Florida -- spring training, great weather, NCAA Tournament, Bay Hill golf, etc.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

First Sunday of the NFL season

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Mine, too. For years I produced a full-page calendar of all the South Florida sporting events for our paper. We always tried to run it on the back page of the section on March 1. Learned a very tough lesson doing a cutout for one of those calendars: Pick a photo of Sharapova that doesn't have her hair flying in the air. Took me forever.

Ace likes this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A close second for me is my fantasy baseball draft weekend at the lake house.

Draft saved Draft deleted