1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is this song?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

I know there's a music thread, but there's a song I really need help identifying, and I'm hoping this a quicker way of finding out. I'm dying here.

Now, here's the problem. My knowledge of its lyrics are limited. The clues I can give are vague.

It sounds British. It's a rock song, lots of guitars. But melodic. The vocalist sounds a little like Oasis... Quite rough, almost gravely. Like he's in pain a little bit. And in the chorus, he's singing to a writer... I thought the song was maybe called something like Paperback Writer, but, of course, that would be by the Beatles. This is a new song. But it's definitely about a dude singing to a writer. The word "writer" is a big part of the lyrics.

Please. Help.

P.S. This can either turn into a thread for people desperate to know the names of certain songs, or the moderators can delete it... But please please please, not until I know the answer. Thanks.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Seriously, you can't give any more than this?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini'

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

Sadly, I can't give any more than this. But whoever knows this song will know it from that description. It's a pretty distinct song. And the "writer" refrain comes up, like, a dozen times. There is no mention of a bikini, however.

Frick, this sucks.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Impressive lack of cursing! It looks like you're doing better at stopping. :)

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I cannot name this tune in one note.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

You caught that, eh, pup? What the frick have I been reduced to?

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'The Frog Went A-Courtin'

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It makes you seem less jaded. The rest of us are still cursing the world. :)

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... I thought you were talking about former MLB Commissioner Ford Frick. :D

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Kinda hum it for us, Jones. What does it sound like?

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

MR. WRITER BY STEREOPHONICS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I owe a special someone a dick sucking... Er, penis mouthing... Er, cheeseburger from Sonic.

Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted