1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best band to come out since 2000?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 3, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Angels and Airwaves have two albums; they released I-Empire last year. They're an excellent band. Just Blink 182 enough to bring the Tom DeLonge fans over, but far enough away from it to attract a large audience. The writing -- both lyrically and musically -- is very, very strong.

Great pick, Pastor.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Bayside's another one, despite their drummer John Beatz dying a couple years ago; I saw them three weeks before the accident in Wyoming. Brand New is another one that doesn't tire on me.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The Killers tops the list. Arcade Fire, Kaiser Chiefs, Rooney and some others are also in the discussion.

4. The Killers.

My Morning Jacket (though I guess they technically released their first album, which probably no one owns, in late 1999).

5. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Member

Kings of Leon
    Avett Brothers
    Kanye West

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I was going to say The Hives. But they apparently released an album before 2000.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

the killers. 8)

very slim pickin's, imo. :(

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Keane
    The Killers
    Voxtrot
    Band of Horses
    The Libertines
    The Bees (now called the Silver Seas, thanks to a British band also called the Bees)

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

"Best" is a tough sell, but I really like Drive-by-Truckers, with and without Jason Isbell. Also Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

agree on grace potter. she's waaaay cool. 8) 8) 8)

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'll cast my vote for The Hold Steady, with super-honorable mention for the Killers and the Ike Reilly Assassination, among others I don't have time to think about right now.

DBT is DQ'ed, unfortunately. Ganstabilly was out in '98.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Black Keys for me. Linkin' Park blows, and I've never made it past the 15-second mark on an Angels and Airwaves song.

Draft saved Draft deleted