1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it about the Red Sox?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gator, Mar 4, 2016.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This stuff comes out in Boston because there are 86 people regularly covering the team for the papers, sports radio, the TV channels, blogs, mags, who knows what else.

Lugnuts likes this.
  2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I had never heard this story. And then snopes ruined it.
    The Cost(ner) of Love

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As long as we're talking about ballplayers and infidelity, my favorite example is Ryne Sandberg (supposedly) forcing the Cubs to trade away Rafael Palmeiro and Dave Martinez because they were both sleeping with his wife.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hazel Mae rumoured to be messing around with Francona or one of the players during her time at NESN? She married career minor leaguer Kevin Barker and is back in Toronto working at Rogers Sportsnet.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I have it on authority from several of Baltimore's finest that snopes is wrong.

I mean, why would anyone think snopes is 100% correct all of the time? The creators of that site have a slant and agenda that can bias them, and they can be influenced by the threat of lawsuits.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are you a prominent member of SJ.com? Do you send Dick Whitman PMs? If not, then we'll go with snopes.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Traitor!

8. Long Snapper

Long Snapper New Member

The bigger issue here is the team owning the largest newspaper in New England. That's the real conflict of interest

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

To be correct, John Henry, who is the principal owner of the entity that owns the Red Sox, owns the Globe. FSG does not own the Globe.

Potter and Long Snapper like this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't know a thing about the suit you speak of (which is NOT saying you are wrong), but I do know Nestor. It is Aparicio. Apricot is a great autocorrect.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    YankeeFan likes this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Just check out Apricot's Wikipedia page. If you look into it further, the litigation got pretty nasty.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just saw where they help with digestion or some such

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted