1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is AP doing?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thereligiouswrong, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Just hope that the hockey game tonight goes regulation and gets over in record time. That game on Monday was awful and though I'll be there tonight for my paper I just dread what you guys are going to go through.

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

the first two games also were not in doubt like Game 3 was. I understand that. But like someone said, the first three quarters could have been done already, and then just top with six inches of the fourth a couple minutes after game. and then knock out one with quotes for the optional later. But then again, what i just wrote is much easier said than done.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

AP just moved 29 inches. Dustin Diamond times three, minus an inch.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Dammit, Moddy. I was hoping to forget I ever heard that. :-X

5. Moderator1

That's our new code.
    Guy calls in, how much do I write tonight?
    "Two Dustins."
    "Dustin and a half."

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Should they be called Dustins or Screeches? Because a lot of people don't know his real name, but just about everyone knows Screech.

7. Moderator1

You mean a half-a-Dustin hole?

8. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

What a condescending jackoff. Ask a question and then, before posting, throw in a "thought so" as if your post had been up for hours. First off, anybody who has visited this board and has sat courtside at the NBA finals is probably there right now, douche bag. And I've covered my share of events on deadline. The NBA finals is no harder than any other tight game on deadline.

Draft saved Draft deleted