1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is AP doing?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thereligiouswrong, Jun 14, 2006.

1. That friggin' NBA story should have been here by now!

2. John

John Well-Known Member

You're not the only one asking that question.

3. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

Seriously! SOME OF US HAVE POKER GAMES TO GET TO, DAMMIT!

4. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

didn't last year they pull this shit too in some games. a six incher 10 minutes after, and then 20 more minutes for the optional. where is the 15 inch no quote gamer.

edit: as I typed this, it was sent.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

So tell, guys, how many of you ever sat courtside at the NBA Finals, in a game that went down to the last shot, amid the chaos and screaming and bullshit going on around you, and tried to write anything when you had no fucking idea who was going to win and what the story was until the last possible second?

Hmmmm, thought so.

6. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

You can still keep a running PBP story going. I know because I've had to do it in situations where the story is due, basically, when the game's over.

Never had to do so at the NBA Finals, though, so I guess that suggestion doesn't hold water...

7. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

This is the NBA's problem. This shit starts way too late. The NBA can kiss my ass.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

and the game's take way too fucking long.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Could it be that Tom Withers is slow or Florida AP is slow?

Reason I ask ... Greg Beacham had 20" game stories minutes after Games 1 & 2.

10. It's what they're paid to do. Infuckingexcusable.

11. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

should have just needed to top the gamer with the lede. First three quarters should have been in the can.

12. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Given that Withers was knocking out 1000-word stories at warp speed during the Pistons-Cavs series, I doubt he's the problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted