1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if you had to cover Die Hard TWO on a deadline?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Dec 24, 2020.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

I'm back, b------! Sorry it took so long.

But you know, when your teams opt out, these are the things one does to keep the creativity going. I can only analyze that our women's team's won more games than Knicks over the past three years and that my women's coach is 1-1 on nights her NBA official husband tees up Russell Westbrook so many times...

Any how, please remember this is the "breaking" version. Looking forward to all write-thru suggestions/nitpicking/whatever.

Everyone have a happy holiday as well...

WASHINGTON – Rogue U.S. Special Forces troops attempting to prevent the extradition of Val Verde dictator and drug lord Ramon Esperanza were thwarted in part by Christmas Eve hero John McClane, but not before a Dulles International Airport was turned into a snow covered battlefield that left 271 dead, including all the passengers and crew of a British airliner Monday night.

McClane, a now Los Angeles police detective who rose to national prominence two years ago this day for his efforts at the Nakatomi Plaza incident, combined with Dulles Law Enforcement to stop the operation, including a climatic fist fight on the wing of a Boeing 747 with operation mastermind Colonel William Stuart that not only ended with Stuart and Esperanza dying when that plane exploded just after takeoff, but also provided a temporary landing light for planes low on fuel circling overhead, including one with McClane’s wife, Holly, aboard.

Stuart, who apparently colluded with Esperanza, who was being transported to the United States to face drug trafficking charges, conducted a plan that was both complex and merciless.

His group set up base in a church near Dulles, hacked into the air traffic control systems, severed communication with the planes, and deactivated the runway lights, leaving Dulles air traffic controllers paralyzed. Demands included an aircraft to leave the county with Esperanza, along with a warning not to attempt to restore contact with the incoming aircraft.

Dulles personnel tried to use a remote antenna array to do that, but a firefight between Dulles’ SWAT team and Stuart’s men virtually wiped out both sides. Stuart retaliated by recalibrating the instrument landing system and then impersonated air traffic controllers to crash Windsor Airlines Flight 114, killing all five crew and 230 passengers.

Meanwhile, Esperanza seized control of his plane and was permitted by Stuart to land. McClane reached that plane first, but was unable to capture Esperanza.

A U.S. Army Special Forces team was sent, but it turned out that group was loyal to Stuart and actually assisted Stuart in the latter part of his plan. All were killed when McClane, after being tossed off the wing by Stuart after he opened a fuel hatch, used his cigarette lighter to ignite the trail of fuel leading up to the jet, causing it to explode.

Dulles’ law enforcement efforts were hampered when WDZC news broadcasts turned the main terminal turned into a virtual stampede. Ironically, the reporter, Richard Thornburg of KFLW Los Angeles, was on the same flight as Holly McClane, and had interacted with her at Nakatomi Plaza.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Google+ Hangout and Twitter, baby!

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No pictures, you pinko bitch.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is ‘Die Hard’ a Christmas Movie? CNN’s Jake Tapper Declares the Debate Settled Once and For All

BTW - if DH2 was "on deadline" wouldn't it be tweeted out?

.....My flight got cancelled.....Is somthing going on?

.....I think I heard gunshots?.....

....Saw some EMTs roll out a couple of bodies from the luggage conveyor belt area - dang!

...I don't think I'm getting home for Christmas....

--- Saw some dude run out on the runway in a tanktop. Guy must be lit....

----(Blurry and shaky video) Networks, if you want this footage, Venmo me $5k.

----The RUNWAY IS ON FIRE AFTER AIRLINE BLEW UP!!!

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted