1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if...Gore had been elected president?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 11, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

9/11 probably still would've happened and I'm going to say we don't go into Afghanistan. Gore uses the CIA and other operatives to root out Bin Laden. Saudi Arabia is punished with sanctions and oil rises eventually to the price it is today.

Even though the foreign relations picture is somewhat better, we would still be dealing with failing infrastructure and effects of climate change - regardless of Gore's attitude toward cleaning the environment up. And I don't believe Gore would've budged on health care either.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A very small minority, probably countable on one hand, do actually care.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

*sorry. couldn't pass it up*

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Gas $8 a gallon - lower 48 over run by polar bears. We are all drving a prius

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well said.

7. Boom_70

Katrina would have never happened . Al would have already ended global warming and the oceans would have cooled.

8. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Could you reset this illogical sweetness " Even though the foreign relations picture is somewhat better, we would still be dealing with failing infrastructure and effects of climate change - regardless of Gore's attitude toward cleaning the environment up. And I don't believe Gore would've budged on health care either"

I'm getting dizzy and have crappy insurance to boot.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

agreed... but add to the list the following two items:
    1) a better environmental policy with a focus on alternative energy sources and less dependence on foreign oil
    and
    2) a more liberal look to the Supreme Court - possibly with Chief Justice Souter

10. Boom_70

cars fueled by french fries

11. Manbearpig captured!

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He had a 90 percent approval rating at one point.

Methinks a few Democrats were giving him a chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted