1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what has become of nfl training camps?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Apparently, you've never driven through the North Hills at night. :D

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Pretty much every major media outlet in New England was saying Vick would be a good fit, but he's probably not coming to foxboro. This afternoon, barstoolsports.com gets a e-mail tip, runs with it, says Vick is in NE. WEEI denies it, so do a few other outlets.
    A little while ago, Miami Herald confirms.
    My question - how does a *blog* with no one at training camp beat every media outlet? What do these "reporters" do at training camp besides write the same blech stories year in, year out?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rhody, the Patriots have denied the story. The Herald and the blog are skating on thin slush here.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Barstool just posted a photo allegedly take by an intern of Vick at Patriots HQ.

5. Michael_ Gee

Mike Reiss has knocked the story down HARD at the Globe. I trust Mike a little more than I do barstool.com.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If that picture was taking a by a Patriots intern he won't be one for long.

7. Michael_ Gee

Maybe it was taken by an intern of barstool.com.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He was never great; he peaked at Penn State when jumped over that quarterback. Good in the NFL, but not great. Also, if you asked 32 GMs who they'd rather have, Moss or Welker, I'm guessing 31 would choose Welker.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Again. Whether or not he was "great" or "good"....who cares? You people need to relax. Just a bit.

But I agree. I'd take Welker, and I wouldn't need that long to think about it. LaVar's on crack.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

LAVAR ARRINGTON IS A GRIDIRON GENIUS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You wanna impress me, LaVar? Take a grammar class, mothafucka!

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know you are kidding, but I've done that more times than I can count and I know the area where he grew up very well, which is why I got such a laugh out of it when I heard about his inner-city-tough-guy-wannabe bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted