1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happens at 40,000...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 20, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Two paragraphs, anyway.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You think I'd wear myself out writing that much?

Oh, OK, maybe I will. I do notice that on an image search of 40,000, there's a lot of racy anime, for what that's worth. Lot of shit gone down in more than six years on here, starting when everyone laughed at almost_famous' assertions that BLOGS! would bring down newspapers, and cringed at his account of being bugged about his girlfriend calling him while he was at a strip club. We're not laughing anymore, but we're still cringing. Lots of stuff has been lost over time, like about 3-4 months of board history (thanks 21!). I'm hoping flipper comes back to beckon buck, and that clubber comes back to cut someone, anyone. I hope our smartest members, Lugnuts and ballscribe, make themselves less scarce. And as for another dearly departed:

We need to have 'Toum,
    Syllable errors and all,
    At SportsJournalists.com

What we have had and continue to have is a dynamic in which each new addition adds a new flavor to the board, and anybody, I swear to god, can find some form of common ground with anyone else. We share a love of a business whether we have left it or soldier on despite the seeming lack of reason to, a love and camaraderie that one board can't contain.

We also have BYH, who assures that I will never be the most pathetic; slappy, who assures that I will never be the biggest hormone; waterytart, who assures that I will never have the best vocabulary; bubbler, who assures that I will always be woodwork; trouser_buddah, who assures that I can bump my "writing irish is sad" thread with impunity; birdscribe, who assures that I will never be the biggest fan of Russ Meyer movie vixens; 21, who assures that I will never have the weirdest relatives; KG, who assures that I will never have the best avatar; spnited, who assures that I will never be a winning Poster of the Year campaign manager; Sam Mills, who assures that I'll never be the nicest guy; sxy, who assures that I will never have vowels; and moddy, who assures that I'll never get away with any briefs references.

I know I'm forgetting plenty of folks who have been great to know and who have entertained me, challenged me, made me laugh and made me think. Whew, I've written about 60 posts' worth here, so I think I'll wrap up this piffle. Let's keep rocking on.

Just sayin'
    Dools

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nice work, dools.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Because dools would have done it to me, and meant it...

:'(

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Exemplary.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outstandi...oops, wrong thread.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn solid.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member