1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to the AAF teams, people and lawsuits?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SixToe, Feb 4, 2020.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

There was a flurry of activity, stories, "deep dives" and all the other "What happened to?" stories last year when the Alliance of American Football folded.

What's happened since then? Did anyone get any money? Where did all the equipment go? What about all the other stuff teams sell in their team stores. Are kids in Haiti or Nigeria wearing AAF apparel?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't worry, there will be a #longread someday when it's all over. Maybe even a Jeff Pearlman book.

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’m kind of loving the idea that aaf gear is now being worn out there in some foreign land.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I bought a San Diego Fleet hat for $5 at a Inland Empire sporting goods store a few months ago.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If you’re in the IE, you’re doing it wrong.

MTM likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the Iowa Democratic Party bought the AAF's highly-vaunted app.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The XFL was trying to purchase a lot of their pads, helmets and training/practice materials.

As for people there are more than a few people I've seen that went from AAF to XFL with similar office jobs whether it was sales or something on the marketing side.

Honestly I was surprised the league didn't make an offer for Spurrier to coach whatever team he wanted.

Draft saved Draft deleted