1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to PFT?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Anyone know what happended to ProFootballTalk.com?
    I clicked my bookmarked link to the site, which had been down all morning, and it took me to NBC sports blogs. WTF?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They had server problems a few weeks ago. Must be happening again.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Third item on the page seems to answer your question:

Do Not Adjust Your Dial
    Posted by Mike Florio: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:03 PM
    Your eyes are not deceiving you. Yes, this is Profootballtalk.com. Yes, this is also the home of the NBCSports.com blogs.

For now, it's both.

We had a relatively minor outage at PFT on Tuesday. (OK, it was actually a five-alarm fart-fest.) And our friends at NBC (yes, we actually have friends) hooked us up with some bandwidth and rolling papers (I've got glaucoma).

We're posting here until roughly 11:30 p.m. EDT Tuesday, at which time our primary residence will be ready to receive the PFT traffic.

So thanks again to our friends at NBC. And we hope that Curran likes the package we left in his office. Right on the carpet.

Draft saved Draft deleted