1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to me? CMA Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 11, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For me - country music has always been about the song, songs that say something, or mean something to the artist singing - and the musicianship.

The last decade or so I've heard too many songs that don't really say anything, that are stuck in a groove between a ballad and an up-tempo song and that just kind of sit there, look pretty but don't do much. I've also heard too many songs that seem to be built around a catch phrase and not enough songs built around a decent hook.

2. You couldn't possibly be talking about a song like Honkytonk Badonkadonk, could you?

3. bwright

bwright Member

Ugh. That song, and others like it, are what is wrong with country music.

There's a lot about the genre that is still all right (yes, I'm a young lad), but not that.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Isn't it about time for a return guest hookup on "How I Met Your Mother"?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Double J

Double J Active Member

My future kids want her to be their mother. :D

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

what all the haters forget is that the pop version of country sucks in new listeners, who then begin to listen to and like the more traditional style. That's what got me started.

AND

Keith Urban is the best guitarist in country.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So happy to see the Kim and Ashley Williams threadjack isn't over yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Keith Urban and Rascal Flats are like nails on a chalkboard. Brutal, brutal music.
    Some of Toby Keith's best stuff aren't the fully hits. Check out the song "White Rose." Great song.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

or "New Orleans"

Draft saved Draft deleted