1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What great lacrosse ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Mar 28, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Too young to be so cynical. ;)

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It has nothing on the DII bball title game that just ended with a senior on Findlay's now unbeaten champion team nailing a 30-footer at the buzzer for his only basket of the game to win it.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'll take your word for it and stick with this one. 7th OT coming.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Over. Virginia 10-9.

5. And those of us who are college hockey fans say, about frickin' time. :D

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

SJ Nation was on the edge of their seats. For the record, the OTs took like an hour and a half to play 28 minutes. That's some engaging entertainment.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was pretty damn thrilling. A little slow at times, but that's because Cottle coaches a conservative game and no one would fucking charge the net and put a good shot on.

Those of us who have been around lacrosse for a lot of years dug it. They don't play much lax in flyover country. We get your drift, Simon.

8. Simon

Simon Active Member

That's the thing, I do like lacrosse. I don't like the four minute overtimes and the damn timeouts every 1.5 minutes. It had no flow to the game once it went into overtime. Its the same reason I don't like college basketball. TV timeouts have killed the flow of the game.

9. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Excellent point. I knew that SU-UConn "double-OT" game two weeks ago was nothing to get all worked up about.

10. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I'm glad someone else pointed out the silliness in that statement.
    As for me, even though I'm not in either New Hampshire or North Dakota, ESPN wouldn't let me watch the end of that game. Fuckers.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Didn't watch the game, but as far as I'm concerned a regular season lacrosse game should not trump a college hockey tournament game. Bump lax to ESPN360 or ESPN Classic and show hockey!

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd give you the point in most circumstances. But this was for the ACC regular-season title, and in lacrosse, the ACC is "it."

Draft saved Draft deleted