1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2007.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Over/under on time it takes him to reference 9/11 is 5 minutes. What's your pick?
    I say under.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Re: What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?

"My fellow Americans, not only are we going to Mars, we have decided to probe Uranus."

::) ::)

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?

I say something on the order of his first three sentences. 9/11 was the only thing he had in his favor, and that well is just about dry. The only reason I'm even mildly interested in what he's got to say is Iran.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Two minutes.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"Nearly All Things Considered" reported today he'd talk about health insurance tax reform ... and some other stuff.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

And I'm still taking the under.

7. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

"...and goats go to hell. Sheep go to heaven .. Goats .. Go to hell!"

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, my sources have leaked to me video of W rehearsing his State of the Union speech ...

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Groucho's word of the day will be bi-partisanship. "The American people have spoken. And even though I've ignored any ideas from the opposite party for 6 years because I didn't need them, now I have to listen to them. Except when they disagree with me. Because that is pissing on the troops and emboldining the terrorists."

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's been cancelled. Fredo's decided he'd rather watch the NHL skills competition. :)

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Grazie.

12. I think he has his advisers looking into this "teabagging thing."

Apparently he was watching Regis and Kelly.

Draft saved Draft deleted