1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What exactly is in that Fahrvergnugen, VW?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by murphyc, Sep 21, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's amazing, because just a couple months ago, it was announced that VW had overtaken Toyota as the world's No. 1 automaker in terms of sales for the first half of this year.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, fuck, Adolf contributed to the design of the beetle, didn't he? So fuck Volkswagen.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

As sweet as they look, I've never known a VW owner who didn't seemingly always have the car in the shop for one reason or another. German engineering my ass.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Outrageous or not, no one is addressing the reason they did it, which is an over-reaching government agency that is completely unaccountable to the voters.

And a number of people here will celebrate the death of Volkswagen over this issue if it comes to that. Lost jobs? What lost jobs?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The homeland's regional goverment of Lower Saxony controls 20 percent of the shares, so it might be a tough transaction to buy the company.

I didn't realize until today that VW owns Ducatti. I knew they owned Lambo and Audi and Porsche and SEAT. And Bugatti. And Bentley.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who wants to point out to OT the fatal flaw in his logic...you know, the fact that VW markets itself as a green company, and as a result generates billions in income? Or should we just ignore this blame-the-goverment tripe?

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. old_tony

You just made my point for me. I said it earlier that VW markets itself as a green company.

And yet even a green company finds the EPA regulations so stringent that they really can't make a car people would want without skirting the rules.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sure they can. They're just run by lazy assholes who think cheating and trying to find a way around the rules is the best way to properity.

HC, TigerVols and LongTimeListener like this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If y'ain't cheatin' y'ain't tryin' ...

11. old_tony

But enough about the UAW.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted