1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want for Christmas/Hannukah?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 15, 2013.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

On my list: Kegger at t_b_f's place.

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

A half-dozen of the books I have on my "wish list" and have been hinting about for the last couple of months.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

March 14th to be celebrated three months early. Hell yes, that would be nice.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

A transfer back home.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

A full-time job with benefits. I have one part-time minimum-wage job and am working on getting a waitressing job.

In related news, everyone who receives a gift from me this year is getting something knitted.

What I need is a polite way of telling my relatives that what I *really* need, instead of the traditional scarf that I've received, is money. Or gift cards to eating establishments. Or if they want to kick into the fund to help me pay off my student loans, that's great too. I can never think of actual goods that I NEED for Christmas (and my birthday, which is right before Thanksgiving this year). The last few years, I've been in need of help paying my bills. But apparently, it's rude to ask them to just give me the $20 cash in an envelope.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wife and I have had Fitbits for some time and they are very nice.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mostly this: http://www.josephjoseph.com/product/view/88

But also pretty much anything from that line. I just bought a new cookware set and I'm going to make myself become functional in the kitchen.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

The original is great. I also have the American version, "Rails and Trails" or whatever it's called. It sucks. It's too complicated and way too time consuming. I've never finished a game, and we rarely get it out anymore. I haven't tried "Seafarers" though. Have fun. If you get it, that is.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Which ones did you get?

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I would love a full week's vacation somewhere. We never manage more than 2 nights away from home so a full week would be luxurious. Ideally, it would not be a typical vacation destination but somewhere quiet and somewhat remote with lots of trees.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I am at maximum stuff right now. I don't need anything. The stuff I want would just be replacing perfectly good stuff I already have.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Our company had extra money in the health insurance pool thanks to low claims from employees and bought everyone on the plan a fitbit. If we use it we get 1/2 off our health insurance premium each month through December. I use it and track my steps daily. It's a handy little thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted