1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want for 2007?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

* To actually make something of myself in this business, rather than being the abject failure you see here today.

* Learn how to cook.

* To stay the course and keep working out regularly.

* Find a certain someone and hold them accountable.

* Grow six inches.

* To stand up to my bullying boss.

* Find my old boss and tell him that, in retrospect, he was the best boss I ever had, and that I was just too busy picking the wrong friends to realize it.

* Actually decorate my bedroom.

* Finally buy a Super Soaker 3000, the better to discipline my cat next time she scratches my dining room chairs.

* Accumulate an actual wardrobe.

* Force myself, one way or the other, goddamn it, to find at least something appealing about football.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'd like to add that when I find a new place to, I would also like to make it look like I live there, not like someone is squatting there. This includes having some furniture other than my couch and chair, and some art on the walls, preferably my own.

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

My problem is that some of the decorating has been taken out of my hands.

I got this house from this Hawaian (sic, probably) guy. One bedroom was for him and his wife, one for his kid, and one for what he called his "relaxation room."

The "relaxation room" came complete with fake palm trees, a hammock, lots of Jimmy Buffett music and, my problem, a giant tropical sunset montage as wallpaper that I can't take off.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Kilz. Lots and lots of Kilz. That's what covered the seaside/cliff/moon mural my brother painted on his wall. I went back to OKC for Thanksgiving, and the room was white. Didn't know that was possible.

On the other hand, you can never go wrong with a good hammock.

5. A new job far away for our sports editor. More coaches with a sense of humor. Fewer programmed answers from athletes. The Bush twins to enlist.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

To confront the woman inside me.

Either to slap that bitch around and say, "No, no! I'm tired of you tormenting me for 20 years, I do NOT want a sex change! I am a man and proud of it!"

Or succumb to her advice and book airfare to Scandinavia.

All that, plus I want to make my backyard, currently ruined by the previous dumb fuck organic gardening owners, into a lush, grassy playplace for my kids.

Hmm, I also think I need to stop typing out loud.

Draft saved Draft deleted