1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you steal from work?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Grimace, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The real question is, what does work steal from you?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

At one paper, there was such a problem with people stealing food out of the refrigerator in the break area that security put a camera on the refrigerator to catch the culprits. Sad.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Mine certainly doesn't.

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

My Truck Nutz.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The correct answer, for some here: A paycheck.

But ArnoldBabar poses the much better question.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Dear Boss,

I am so very truly and honestly sorry for stealing a pair of blue scissors from the office back in football season.
    You called me at 4 p.m. and asked if I could help out by covering a prep game. So I rushed to the office — I almost forgot my wallet. I grabbed a yellow pad and a pair of scissors to cut the 10 pages in half because I keep my play-by-play on the top half of pages and totals on the back sheet.
    So I needed scissors and they were there for the taking like a drunk flashing $100 bills in front of a pick-pocket.
    The scissors slipped into my bag.
    You understand, right?
    I sped out to some rural county where the big lady dipping Skoal (could have been Copenhagen or something else) asked for my five bucks to park.
    “I’m with the press,” I said.
    “Ind-di-ann-uh,” she said looking at my sweatshirt. “What county that in?”
    I just handed her a $5 bill.
    I cut my pages in the press box. I had every intention of returning the scissors on the next Monday. But I didn’t. I forgot about them.
    Then Christmas season started rolling around and I had to wrap presents. I thought about trying to curl that curly ribbon like the folks in the mall. So I thought about the scissors — in my bag for all those weeks.
    I cut more ribbon than I curled. Then I threw the scissors in the junk drawer. I pulled them out again on Christmas Day to help open presents. Then I threw the scissors in the junk drawer. They’re still in the junk drawer.
    May I please get reimbursed for parking?

Sincerely,
    Highway 101

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Enough.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They get free overtime hours, so I figure I should get something in return.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Agreed. I'm going to go with my will to live.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, I suppose, but the ad at the bottom of the page as I write this post says, "Learn Biblical Hebrew Online, With the Holy Land's best teachers."

I guess it's because of the reference to souls ...

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've taken batteries too weak to power up a flash (instead of roundfiling them), but that's about it. They'll work for months in a remote control.

Draft saved Draft deleted