1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you know about st. louis?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Aug 1, 2007.

1. rascalface

rascalface Member

Imo's is gross. Saltine pizza. Nasty, nasty stuff.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I disagree. And this is coming from a native Chicagoan.

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

I'm also a native Chicagoan, and that pizza is garbage.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sorry, i meant to ask: where is a place to stay a coupla nights within walking distance of busch that the family would enjoy? ... or hell, should i stay somewhere else?

and thanks for the information so far, i really appreciate it. i don't leave for a few more days, so please keep the ideas coming.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks buck. my searches gave little selection.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Here's a true crime agains humanity: You can't get kraut for your brat at Busch Stadium.

7. Sorry, had to fix that for ya. Texas isn't so humid, but Houston is the arm pit of the world and one of the most humid places on earth.

8. We have a winner. I can't believe I forgot City Museum. This place is a ton of fun, the kids will love it and the parents might even have some fun too.

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

We stayed at the hotel at Union Station last year in St. Louis. Found an Internet special for something like $109/night, but that was Easter weekend '06.

Have also stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott a couple of blocks from Union Station, across from A.G. Edwards headquarters. Not a bad location.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've probably stayed in at least half of St. Louis' downtown hotels. Most are within walking distance, most are them are just fine, but I wouldn't expect family fare like Holidome's and whatnot. For that you have to hit the 'burbs.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Dodger Dogs are EXTREMELY overrated. Better to eat In-n-Out before and after.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks a million for the info ... greatly appreciated.

and yes, dodger dogs are so overrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted