1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you get when you cut Planned Parenthood funding?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

LMFAO

You asked, then you posted this one minute right after. Sorry that I'm not just breathlessly updating this for your posts.

"The services and programs expanded through this initiative include grants for specialized follow up services, like diagnostic mammograms, ultrasounds, or biopsies digital breast health educational resources specifically designed for women aged 18-39 an expanded promotores educational and outreach program to reach Latinas a unique training tool designed for Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses to assess breast cancer risk in patients — including those under age 40 .

Breast Health Initiative :: Planned Parenthood

It's so laughable that you think you're now a doctor.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It wasn't that I needed a quick answer, Baron. I was wondering why you hadn't already given me the answer.

Your new answer doesn't really cut it either.

Where do these "follow up services" that the grants fund take place?

3. Baron Scicluna

For mammograms, they go elsewhere. For ultrasounds and biopsies, they go either to PP or elsewhere.

Just like any other medical office. But of course, if PP can no longer offer those services, those patients will have to have longer waits while they try to get in those medical offices, since they already have patients.

4. YankeeFan

So, Baron, we agree that PP doesn't do breast cancer screenings, right?

5. Baron Scicluna

They do breast cancer screenings. There is a lot involved in breast cancer screenings. More than just you poking a breast.

6. Baron Scicluna

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This has already been explained to you. Repeatedly. You are simply ignoring answers you don't like.

8. YankeeFan

LOL. Let's go around the circle again.

There's a lot involved in a breast cancer screening. OK. Agreed. Does PP do all of these things?

They either do, or they don't Baron. You can't argue that they do screenings, and also Baronsplain all the things that go into a screening, which include things they don't do.

9. YankeeFan

OK. I've been told what goes into a breast screening. But, PP isn't able to do all of these things. They provide a breast exam, and a referral.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The question isn't if they do all of those things. The question is if they do more than just what you and I can do, and they do. Those details have been posted on this thread at least twice already. You are simply ignoring them and continuing to post your false premise in the hopes that somebody will be stupid enough to accept it.

11. Baron Scicluna

Some places do a breast exam and referral. Others do breast exams, biopsies, ultrasounds and referrals.

This concept seems to escape you.

12. YankeeFan

Why is that the question?

I said they don't do breast cancer screenings. You and Baron say they do.

Do they?

Draft saved Draft deleted