1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you expect from a minority hire?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boots, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

boots,

We think for the majority of sports editors making minority hires, their primary expectation is that this will keep the boss of their back.

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It's still first-person, but it is the "Royal We."

3. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I can see where someone's race or gender could be an asset in certain context or stories, but I never really noticed that Asian reporters were being used anymore than usual in the Va Tech story and it seems to me that in that context, it wouldn't make sense. It's not like they could identify with Cho just because he's Asian. By that logic, maybe they sould have had nutcases covering the story.

4. boots

boots New Member

I think you mean off their back.

5. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

We're a little bitter that we didn't see this threat until hours after it was created.

We also think it's about time Fenian posts another picture. What's the hold up?

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Now, that was a great answer.

Some of the rest of you, I just don't understand what the fuck gets into you. You try to make problems where there doesn't need to be one.

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Ah. There we go. Back on track.

8. boots

boots New Member

Why must you try to make a lame joke out of everything? This is not a pissing match, but damn man or woman, don't you get tired of acting the way that you do?

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

We weren't joking.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

judgemental idiots who understand little often ask nonsensical questions.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

When you (y'all? you guys? You'uns?) change the pronoun to it (It puts the lotion in the basket!) we'll be enrolling in self-defense courses ...

Draft saved Draft deleted