1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you eat for lunch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Spinach strawberry salad is *chef's kiss* delicious.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is me, virtually every work day. You can't go crazy and have everything in it or on it if you want to be healthy or if you're weight-conscious, but a burrito is a great hot-food item that's quick to make and cook and is easy to store.

I go simple, and it has served me well: One burrito, with non-fat refried beans, cheese and a little salsa in a taco-size low-carb tortilla for lunch. It goes with some kind of fruit for a side/dessert. Now that's it's summer, that's usually watermelon, which I love and would eat year-round if it were available.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

5'9 and topped out at 162?

You can kiss my 5-5 200's ass :p

4. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Don't hate me, but whatever the catering company provides. One of the perks of non-journo life. Lunch catered every day.

garrow and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Turkey and cheese. Rainier cherries. Diet cherry Dr Pepper. That's today.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

65651238_2535792426452304_6358384896280363008_n.png

expendable likes this.
  7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Roast some vegetables on Sunday. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, parsnips, zucchini, squash or any blend of those. You can buy a ton for 10 bucks.

Plenty of recipes online but here’s my scandal: Chop into quarter-inch chunks (for broccoli and cauliflower, just make sure the stalks are no wider than that). Mix in a bowl with dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. (Even more convenient, just use basting oil from the grocery store.) Spray a couple baking sheets with Pam. 425 for 20-25 minutes. Great all week for reheating, or cold on salads and sandwiches.

8. LightAndBright

LightAndBright New Member

9. RecoveringDesker

RecoveringDesker Active Member

2 boiled eggs, one avocado. Crush together, hit it with a dash of Old Bay, and enjoy. It’ll hold you all afternoon, but won’t leave you feeling stuffed.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Low sodium turkey with hummus in a whole wheat pita (sometimes it is tuna with hummus, onions. and some hot sauce); cucumbers and carrots; and an apple. Same thing everyday. Costs maybe $3, less if it's a tuna week.

It's cheap and keeps me from buying crap at lunch. Even the healthy options suck. I don't mind it all.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Three pieces of baked chicken at the Kroger deli across the street from my office, and I've been doing that almost every day for several months. Before that I'd go out for lunch and it would almost always be for something fried; I've lost a few pounds (hoping for a lot more) and cutting out fried food has been huge.

Draft saved Draft deleted