1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you bring to work for lunch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wheateater, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Beef03 ... I know how you feel.

I usually eat fairly healthy, but before covering one of the minor league games last week, I decided to go for the fried shrimp basket with an order of onion rings from concessions. I guess I was craving grease. That shit sunk in me like a rock. I'm so unused to eating that much grease that it totally freaked my body out. Ran through me within three hours.

(Wait, we have a thread on that ...)

2. Ill tempered cat w/ soy sauce

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So you had Chinese?

4. #4 lunch special

5. for the most part -- makes it easier to shop for and organize and I don't have to spend a lot of time worrying about it in the morning.
    Breakfast is just one or two options as well, for the same reason.
    Dinner I mix up. ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Our pop machine is also 65 cents.

I almost always pack a lunch pail. Microwave meals - Michelina's, Lean Cuisine (love the spinach/mushroom pizza), Hot Pockets, microwave soup (for quite some time I was addicted to the Chunky chicken dumpling version), sandwiches (still love PB&J the best). Because sometimes I'll work a long day, I'll pack a bigger pail and include something for supper. Usually have some snacky stuff - granola bars, fruit, always have yogurt and sometimes I'll bring frosted mini-wheats for a snack. A couple bottles of water - I don't drink much pop anymore.

7. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Ours (disclosure: I work at a school) just jumped from 50c to $1 for a 12oz can.

The fridge is going to get a lot more populated in the next few weeks. I figured that the last cases of Coke I bought were 17 cents/can (or I can buy Jones for 50 cents/can when I feel the need to give up on HFCS and drink a real soda).

Draft saved Draft deleted