1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do normal folks do on Friday nights (unexpected night off)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by grrlhack, Sep 22, 2006.

1. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

No one: I will say I was stunned not to be called into the office to help get the pages out. But if they didn't need me in that capacity following a game when it's most hectic then they damn sure didn't need me there from 7-9 when you know there's nothing to do but sit and wait on the barrage.

As for the mixup, I think the GHSA had some screwup in its schedule book it sent out. Apparently, we had to correct quite a few of those mixups when working on our tab, but this one slipped by. As for how it got that far..I have no idea. This is one of the private schools and I can't fathom nobody there not taking the time to call us and correct us on it. We ran a preview box in Friday's paper. Anyway, that's not my gig. I was just going where I was told but nothing was there when I showed up.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's umpossible! ::)

A few years ago, we had to run a story a correction story a couple of weeks before the state hoops tournament started. It seems our town was hosting the Class A sectionals, instead of Class AAAAA like we did the year before. Of course they kind of forgot to put that in the white book.

3. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Gotta love the GHSA. Glad I don't deal with 'em anymore.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

No beers. But I did chug three Adios Mother Fuckers. Why do you ask?

5. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Hey Pope...I tried my first AMF Friday night when I went out late. A friend of mine had been pimping them, so I tried it. Damn good drink. Don't know how well it went with the tequila shot beforehand. As for the proposition, drinking usually goes with sex, hence the question.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Alright, this is the third reference to AMFs I've read and since I'm too lazy to do a search, can someone fill me in on what it is? I could use a new drink.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Gin, light rum, tequila, vodka, Blue Curacao and sweet and sour. It has a kind of sweet taste, so you forget how much alkie you are ingesting.

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

9. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

I certainly didn't notice what I was ingesting! ;-)

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Huh.....In the motherland we call those Adios Amigo's. Guess your foul American mouth's changed it at some point, or my sensitive brethren decided you couldn't print that on a bar menu.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Sorry if this is a repeat, but most are on MySpace trying to hook-up... albeit not all with underage girls and boys.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Jeebus Kreist. I can't believe anyone watches that God-awful show... having said that, I blew three bucks trying to test in to win one of the puzzles they had on there the other night. "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me, aren't you?" was the quote and I had it figured out pretty early, but never got my chance. WHAT A SCAM!

It's actually pretty good entertainment when you're drunk off your ass with a group of people. You're sure not to miss any of the action. Whoever came up with that idea is pretty smart. It's in the top 5 of best bad television shows. Benny Hinn and my local newscast are better bad television hilarity than PlayMania, however.

Draft saved Draft deleted