1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do normal folks do on Friday nights (unexpected night off)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by grrlhack, Sep 22, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Seven people just looked at me like I was from Mars when I burst out laughing

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I had some douchenozzle call up at 5 p.m. and gruffly demand the start times of one of our high school games. Keep in mind -- games here have started at 7:30 p.m. since the beginning of time. So when I told him 7:30, he said, "Are you sure?"

No, sir, I'm not sure. Why don't you head over there now?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Video pai gow?

4. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Um, Red. I have seen that happen. Get outta my beat life!

5. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

OK, anyone else see that post disappear?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes.

7. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

OK..I got an explainer. It was just funny. Well, instead of rushing for post-game quotes, I'm sipping bottled water at the cafe. I think guitar dude is about to start singing soon.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Why water and not a mocha latte or some fancy coffee? :)
    And is the guitar dude cute?

9. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Water because I was feeling slugging heading to the game that wasn't a game, so I downed a Starbucks double shot expresso and cream. :) I'm still buzzing pretty good from that. I figure anything else might be caffeine overload and I'll be awake at this time tomorrow.

And guitar dude is decent looking. Not my style. But he's got the kinda gritty voice I like.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Is that the one with Meryl Streep reading over George Winston's piano music? I might have to put that on when I'm just a tad more drunk ... could be wicked fun right about the point I pass out.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Weigh stuff?

12. 5A

5A New Member

Go to Waffle House and order one piece of toast every 10 minutes for the next five hours. You'll definitely have the wait staff's attention.

Draft saved Draft deleted