1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do I Need To Get Into Canada These Days?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Jul 16, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Canadian Tim-bits are a lot better than the American ones.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, everybody... JR, I am indeed going for the festival... I've got a hotel already, so good there. HC, that would be fun, let's see if we can make it work.

I'll be getting there by plane - from LGA... so guess I need to go ahead and do a rush on the passport renewal.

Rags - You said 'Don't drink the water.' I wasn't aware they had running water in Canuckistan. <ducking> Just kidding, guys. I'm really excited about my first trip to Canada!

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Follow the lead of your favorite Canadians and call everyone up there a hoser.
    [​IMG]

4. dooley_womack1

If you want good beer, be sure to smuggle it in your suitcase before you head up there

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? The only bad beers in Canada are the cheap American ones. :D

6. dooley_womack1

Cmon, nothing like Moosehead to drive people back to Schlitz. :D

7. Wallace

Wallace Guest

My dad, brothers and I went up last month. My youngest brother doesn't have a passport, so we brought his birth certificate. Canadian border crossing gal told us that they *technically* could not refuse to let him back in with his birth certificate, but to expect a lecture on getting a passport. That's pretty much what happened. He said "you know you're supposed to have a passport, right?", brother answered yes and the border agent said "get on it" and let us on our way.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Canadians don't drink Moosehead.

9. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Dinner theater? Is that what they're calling strip clubs these days? Thought the term used to by "Canadian Ballet."

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No, dinner theatre does not refer to strip jointsw. Sadly, that Canadian institution ain't what it used to be - even in Montreal.

And JR's right, Canadians don't drink Moosehead.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This Canadian enjoys Moosehead, beer that is.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

You folks don't support Canadian products?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&viewas=0&gid=2346489902

OK, here's one we all can join:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2231275341

Draft saved Draft deleted