1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do I do with my old iPod?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 25, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Tonight, I upgraded myself to iPod 2.0 --- bought a 30gig black iPod from Bogus Buy.

It's not that there's a problem with my old 15gig Gen3 iPod ... well, unless you count "running out of space" as a problem. It's closing on four years old without a glitch, but I find my music collection needing more space. The new features Apple's been adding to the iPod interested me, as well.

So what do I do with the old one? I'm thinking about saving it and putting just my highest-rated songs on it1, with the entire collection on the new iPod. But I'm open to alternatives.

1Kind of a supersized iPod Nano, given that the actual Nano is too small (storage and screen) for my purposes.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Send it to me free of charge.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I sold mine to a guy in my office.

4. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

You sell it on eBay.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Make a swim suit bottom for your GF.

I know, TTIWWP.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

What the hell is TTIWWP?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless without pictures.

SI's 2007 swimsuit edition had a girl wearing nothing but an Ipod.

I can't seem to find it, though.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

1/Use it as a backup hard disk. Great place to archive interviews from your digital recorder, for instance.

2/Find an environmentally friendly way to dispose of it. You'll have no further use for it.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I just upgraded from a Shuffle to a 30G last week. Gave the Shuffle to Mrs. Huggy for her daily train commute.

My Shuffle was a great little machine but this new thing is the most liberating thing that ever happened to my CD collection.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

My CD collection is about to disappear since I have touched one in about eight months.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Keep it--i have one old one in the car, one where I work out...just buy a speaker and plug it in.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

My Mini stays on my Bose system all the time and my red Nano goes with me on runs and in my car.

Draft saved Draft deleted