1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My haul:

Niners hoodie (The really good Nike ones)
    Two college hoodies
    Fitbit
    Fitbit scale
    DDP Yoga (I have a bad back and have wanted to try it)
    Duck Dynasty pajamas (inside joke gift from my wife)
    Four tickets (crazy ridiculous seats) to an amazing basketball game that I can't wait for.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The big gift was I asked for a new bag for work and I got a Fossil saddle leather messenger bag that looks like it cost a million bucks, even though I know it came for the Fossil outlet in Branson and didn't cost a million bucks. It is sweet though.

Some clothes, some gift cards and a smattering of other things round out the list.

Mizzou, I love my Fitbit. Did you get the Flex or the Force? Either way, it will change your life.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

New pair of running shoes from my mom. Perfect solution. She got to get me something I needed. And we were able to get her overthrow psychological hurdle where she thought my brother and I are still counting packages.

A variety of Belgian beers from my brother, along with a cocktail recipe book and a pair of glasses from Three Floyds brewery near Chicago.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4 books (Johnny Carson, Double Down, Over Time -- My Life as a sportswriter, and a nice NGO Space Atlas with my name embossed on the cover)
    3 shirts
    Tire sealant/inflator kit
    Blood pressure monitor for wrist.
    Keurig coffee maker
    $400 cash

Far more than I deserved.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A couple of little things, like travel coffee mugs (the non-metallic coating, I hate that metallic taste). My two best gifts, though, were:

1) A wine aerator -- I know, totally pretentious, but it's also a great gift because it's something I wanted but would never buy for myself

2) Two overstuffed bean-bag chairs, which turned our playroom into teenager heaven and are also quite comfy for grown-ups.

My mom was here this year and got me an electric griddle. She got my sister one last year and my sister loved it, but our kitchen and house aren't as big and I don't cook nearly enough, so it wasn't that great for us. She then gave us the best gift of all -- the receipt!

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Nothing – precisely what I asked for. The gift-giving can wait until I return to the States

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Engaged, although technically I "gave" that, since I did the asking.

Also, a pair of walking/running shoes, a fleece, a bottle of Jack, some cash/gift cards and this, which intimidates the hell out of me so much I'm only about 10 pages in:

http://www.amazon.com/Tune-In-Beatles-These-Years/dp/1400083052

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Got that book out of the library and after three weeks of working on it am only about 400 pages (or halfway) in. I have read many of the majors Beatles books but this just seem to be too overwhelming for all but the truly obsessed. And it's only the first of three volumes!

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As for Christmas, I got a nice selection of dark beers from Mrs. Huggy and Huggy Jr., definitely something I can make use of.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Coach sneakers
    Some Joseph Joseph kitchen stuff
    new nice sheets
    Queen sized heated blanket so I don't have to use a throw any more
    The Garth Brooks box set I wanted :)

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I got the Force. I really like it. It will let me know when I'm being a slug and get my ass moving. :D

12. casty33

casty33 Active Member

BT, you mentioned the Johnny Carson book. Is that the one by Henry Bushkin? I got that from my nephew and I can't wait to read it. How is it? I also got The Godfather Family Album. That's pretty much all I wanted other than health for my 95-year-old mother

Draft saved Draft deleted