1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Sean Salisbury say?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jan 23, 2007.

?

What did he say?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2007.
  1. "Jew"

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. "Chew"

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Something else

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm pretty sure he said "jew." Why would ESPN claim it was "chew," as in "chew the clock"? He's talking about being down 21-3 and trying to get back into it. They didn't want to chew the clock at that point.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'm with maberger, there's no doubt he said 'jew.'

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I once worked with a horrible woman who had no idea what she was saying when she repeatedly stated 'chew you down.' No doubt she'd heard it somewhere, liked the idea, and used it as her favorite insult, constantly.

I spent hours trying to think of ways to explain it to her, but finally decided I liked what it said about her every time she snarled it.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

C'mon man. Show some creativity. Certainly we should be able to find a way to MAKE this Bush's fault.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I thought he said juke the first time I heard it. What the hell does 'chew' mean anyway? Or Jew?

Of course, Salisbury is a complete tool, so who knows why he would say Jew.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sean Salsbury hates Jewish people [/Kanye West]

7. He should've just said the Colts were niggardly.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He should've said "I fucking suck and will kill myself now for the general utility of all people."

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with the use of the word 'Jew' as a verb, but, aside from the obvious problem with its use, it doesn't seem to fit in the context of what Salisbury was saying.
    But 'chew' and 'juke' seem to be even worse fits, given the context.

So, is Salisbury ignorant, a biggot or just such a buffoon that he simply utters a slurry of noises and syllables in the hope that his sequence of yelps, grunts and clicks will translate into language when they strike someone's ear drum?

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

The female Dwight Schrute or Michael Scott, huh?

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

With Jay Fiedler out of the league, Mike Rosenthal and Sage Rosenfels are the only Jews I can think of offhand in the NFL. I'm sure there are a handful of others, but isn't it clear by the numbers that Jews have no place in football?

12. Dignan

Dignan Guest

"We'll nip, we'll tuck, we'll go, we'll crunch, we'll Jew, we'll do it all."

What the fuck does any of this mean?! Why does this moron have a job is the larger question.

Draft saved Draft deleted