1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Oh God...too much recently. Did a tour of Grand Rapids breweries last weekend. I will say I was impressed with B.O.B. Brewery in GR, not impress with Grand Rapids Brewing. Founders and New Holland were solid, as expected.
    Brewed some beer this weekend and had a few as well. Going to brew in the AM as well.

Fly likes this.
  2. bourq25

bourq25 Member

This weird strange new invention called regular water up in the northwest USA.

#BuyWaterStocksASAP

#AWK

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I don't mind most of GRBC beers and have never been a big fan of the BOB. Been a while since we've hit up BOB.

Mrs. Fly and I were in GR Easter weekend. First time visiting Creston, Greyline, Railtown, Elk, New Union and Gravel Bottom - all had beers that were at worst decent. May try to get back again in the next few weeks to hit ones we've missed on our recent trips. Either there or Cleveland...decision, decisions.

spikechiquet likes this.
  4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Had lots of good brews this weekend. Great getaway to friends' place in the Leelanau Peninsula in NW Lower Michigan. Sitting outside at Blustone Winery enjoying a nice glass of table red, watched two bald eagles cruising around before aggressively chasing off a red-tail hawk. Back at their place later on Saturday night, a black bear decided to wander their neighborhood. Then we saw the Northern Lights. Oh, between the eight of us we shared some outstanding beers.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Solid Gold Good Times, very good double IPA from Magnify Brewing.

6. cjericho

Peeple's Golden Strong Ale, a 9/1% Belgian Golden Strong Ale from Bonn Place Brewing Co. in Bethlehem PA. Buddy picked up a growler when he went there last week. It's actually brewed with Peeps, although only tasted a little in the first glass. Still good though.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just finished a weekend of home brewing (Honey Pecan Porter (which will be put in a Bourbon barrel for 6 months) & a malty Red Ale), so of course, I drank a few as well. :)
    I also got to crack into my bottles of brew that I made a few weeks ago (a Belgian Golden Strong Ale which is around 10%; a Blood Orange Tripel & a Lemon Blonde Ale)

cjericho likes this.
  8. cjericho

Dogfish Head Namaste White, good summer beer.

9. Last night had Golden Road Wolf Pup IPA Session ... Not bad. It tastes best ICE Cold.
    Love Golden Road Ride On IPA. Outstanding!
    Also had Moo Hoo, a chocolate malt beverage from Terrapin Brewery. It was smooth. I could easy down a 6-pack in about 30 minutes.
    Terrapin's 5-way IPA is wonderful. Not of fan of the Hopsecutioner.
    Got the Magic Hat Jam Pack sampler and enjoyed all of those ... Mother Lager was the runaway favorite.
    Breckenridge Brew's Mango Mosaic was very good.
    Finally found a Sam Adams brew I detest: Two actually; Rebel Rouser IPA and IPA Juiced.
    New Belguim's Dayblazer can't beat the price (15-pack for $15), but I do not like. I'll take Founders All-Day Ale (same price) any day.

spikechiquet likes this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? A joke about 'ice cold'?

11. No. Just emphasis on cold. The colder it is the better. The first one I drank was closer to room temp.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

An IPA shouldn't be ice cold. Taste buds are less effective the colder the beer is. You are either missing some intended flavors or the cold is hiding off flavors.

spikechiquet and Fly like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted