1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, I sort of have an answer to your question. I drank SIX in quick succession Tuesday night, combined with a pain killer (back pain), fell asleep on the couch around 10 PM.

My girlfriend and I had been watching the Saboteur on TCM, and didn't watch any of the election return shows. Then she woke me up on the couch around 1 AM, told me get up and to go to bed, and I could tell she was very upset. So, I went to the guest bedroom, turned on the TV, and watched the meltdown from about 1:30 to 4 AM. Finally caught a few zzzs before work, but she woke up before I could get out of the house, and she was crying again, proclaiming that she couldn't understand why anyone would vote for HIM.

So, in sum, I had six instead of four, and I did go to work feeling like shit, but the circumstances were rather unexpected, historical and hysterical.

2. I did not.
    I also had another IPa in a can. Can't remember what it was.
    I drank six beers Friday and was kinda of drunk when I got back to the room. Had a bit of hangover the next morning.

The Palmetto stuff was good..
    Also enjoyed a couple of Sweetwater brews (Ga.-based) and had some Monkeynaut IPAs (Al), which was just ok.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Carton Boat Beer one of NJ's best

4. cjericho

Rushing Duck Beanhead, a very good coffee porter available in cans for the first time. Probably should've grabbed another 4-pack, but already had picked up a few bourbon county stouts. Anyone try the Dogfish Beer for Breakfast? Had a couple at Thanksgiving dinner, very good.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, forgot to post last night. My aunt made this pear puree cocktail that was amazing: sauteed pear with butter and a little sugar pureed. Add about an oz of that to an ounce of ginger liqueur, an ounce of lemon juice and just shy of two ounces of pear infused brandy. Shaken and served over ice. A virgin version subs out the liquor for a simple ginger syrup and seltzer.

cjericho likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Hmmm, interesting. My wife loves ginger. She is disappointed if bars don't have ginger beer for Moscow Mules.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

CUBA LIBRE! AY YI YI YI!!!

8. Magic Hat, Winter Mingle, a Vanilla Stout. Might be my favorite vanilla stout.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Egg nog

10. cjericho

Little more detail? homemade?

11. cjericho

Founders Lizard of Koz. little bit too sweet, but good.

12. cjericho

Rushing Duck War Elephant. very good double IPA, nice contrast after the sweet Lizard of Koz.

Draft saved Draft deleted