1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Margarita. Meh. Premixed.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Brewed Abides - a White Russian inspired milk stout from Pelican. Also not sure how widely Boneyard is distributed, but their IPAs rule.

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Started the day with a very tasty bloody Mary. Nice.

5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So your favorite craft brewery just sold to a megacorp. Now what?

Didn't realize Leinenkugel is now a MillerCoors beer. Guess that's why it suddenly started showing up in Oregon. And seeing how many longtime craft breweries have come and gone in recent years, having enough capital to withstand tough times and perhaps even expand the footprint is tough to resist. Kind of like art-house/indie filmmakers suddenly being paid $10 mil to direct a Marvel film. What's the point of making great art if not many people experience it?

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The age old business vs. art showdown.

Yeah, there's a lot that's happened since that story ran.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I have no problem with any artist, any genre, making money off their art and monetizing the shit out of it. Perhaps most famously, Warhol proved that you can do both and still remain an artist. Those Campbells soup cans at MOMA are most definitely art.

I can say I dislike Boulevard Brewing Co. selling out to whoever they sold it to, but the beer still tastes the same.

To answer: Diet Dr Pepper, my caffeine of choice.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

A lovely Sauvignon Blanc

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

My man.

Excellent bottle for the price point. That it's sourced may keep it from falling prey to the scourge of whiskey snob-driven artificial scarcity that has befallen Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace (and will soon come to Wild Turkey Rare Breed).

Draft saved Draft deleted