1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Mrs. Fly calls session ipa/pale ales "hop water" - and I have to agree for the most part.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Anymore, I start with a tasty IPA or two and then switch down to a lager or pils for the long haul. I've come to really appreciate that style again.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A session IPA comes off as more hoppy/bitter because it's missing the balance of sweet malt...so yeah, not a fan.
    Same goes for out of balance "Triple" IPAs. If you are going to have 100IBUs, you better bring the ABV as well.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Manhattan with Whistlepig rye.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Earlier was drinking Das Naturtrube (because the homebrewer in me wanted the swing-top bottles). Have no clue what the name means ... it’s a Pils out of Stuttgart is all I know.

Now I and MommaQuant are quaffing an oaky Chardonnay called “Buttercream” ...

spikechiquet likes this.
  6. spikechiquet

Trying out the Blender Pack from New Belgium tonight

cjericho likes this.
  7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Double Dry Hopped All Citra Everything by Other Half Brewery. Very good, glad my buddy's buddy goes to Other Half and waits on line. Being in NJ, I'd rather take a road trip to TreeHouse, than battle traffic and pay tolls to get to Brooklyn.

spikechiquet likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tap water on ice. I'm 95 percent on the wagon.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a drinker these days myself so I left these on the shelf when I ran across them at the Ojai Beverage Company yesterday...

Family

Looked damn good though...but that could be because I grew up on Belle Meade Plantation land.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had a blonde porter at the local brewery Saturday. It was excellent

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I will drink this just because of the video:

12. spikechiquet

Gee...where EVER did that idea come from? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted