1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHAT?!?!?! An NBA player who's only about the money?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Norman Stansfield, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I present to you your latest NBA brain surgeon, Tyrus Thomas.

Nice spin doctoring by his agents after the fact.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2756552

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What a stupid ass reason to be fined. He didn't shit on anyone, or his organization. Besides, whens the last time anyone cared about the dunk contest? Cedric Ceballos? There's only so much you can do. Now it's just uninteresting.

3. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

He best not finish lower than third then! For a team who don't let Big Ben wear his headband Thomas has probably gotten off likely.

Bottom line is that Thomas has been fined for telling the truth. Whether it is the right thing or the wrong thing to say is a different matter, but I like the fact that Thomas has called it as it is from his perspective. It at least makes for better reading than the bland asinine media trained answer to that question most players would give where they would say what an honour it is to be involved and being round such good players can only benefit my blah blah blah when you know they want to get away from the team hang out relax and have some fun in Vegas!

If Charles had said that 15 years ago we would have laughed, when a player averaging 3 points or whatever says it, it's a crime!

4. pallister

pallister Guest

At least he's honest.

5. Norman Stansfield

Hey Pallister:

Chicago sucks, and so does Tyrus Thomas.

;D

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hey Norm,

You just lost your wedding invitation for that comment.

Sincerely,
    Spup and DOCKDIAN

7. Norman Stansfield

Abs=chicks simple equation

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's sad that I would much rather see the judges compete in this contest than the players. But there's good reason for that.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm actually excited to see what Gerald Green is going to do. Tyrus can fly but I don't know if he has enough creativity.

P.S. They should've brought back Andre Igoudala. He was robbed last year...ROBBED!

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thomas averages 3 points per game. Why should anyone even been listening to this schnook?

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm sure he was thinking the same thing while he was saying that. :D

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted