1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Accent Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Apr 3, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, you haven't, but whatever makes you happy.

2. cubman

cubman Member

The Inland North. Not a huge surprise.
    I grew up in Columbus, Ohio but enough of my family and friends are from Chicago and further north, plus I went to college in northwest Ohio, that somewhere along the way I picked it up. I'd rather sound like a Midwesterner than a New Englander ... :D

3. Bastard

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Boston, which is funny because every New Englander I've met says I sound like I'm from North Carolina or someplace like that.
    And I've never even visited North Carolina.

5. I think you should be required to write like you speak ... I pocked my ca in the yad ...

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree. When I got drunk-dialed from Vegas I thought the strangest thing about the conversations were hearing how people talked. Sportschick and Cadet's voices really surprised me.
    Buckweaver's was pretty much what I figured it would sound like.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Cadet's voice didn't surprise me, since I know where she's from. And I've talked to SC before, so it didn't surprise me, either. Never did talk to buckdub or Darling Joe.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, Cadet always comes off as so serious and that wasn't how she was on the phone at all. I didn't talk to Darling Joe either, though I did talk to OTD. That was bullshit. He barely drank any beer in Phoenix because his family was with him, but he was flying solo in Vegas and apparently was drinking there.
    Though, props to OTD for buying me a beer in Phoenix. That was solid.

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

My schooling don't got nothing to do with no accent.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Modest Texas accent over here, with very subtle Midwestern influence since my dad was from Chicago. I don't sound all that Texan unless I've been drinking...then my vowels get lazy and my intonation a little more melodic.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You are being kind by including all of Pennsylvania. Hell, I wouldn't include anything west of Philly.

And this quiz didn't even come close on mine. Maybe I didn't answer the questions correctly.

Draft saved Draft deleted