1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What a chicken

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

The founder of Chick-fil-A is a big softie.

NEW SMYRNA BEACH -- Writing "I will not vandalize other people's property" 1,000 times and a ban on television and video games for six months may not be conventional punishments for a vandalism spree, but Chick-fil-A restaurant founder S. Truett Cathy has never followed convention.

Those were two of four requirements dictated by the 87-year-old entrepreneur as an alternative to court prosecution for three pre-teen girls who entered and trashed the private residence known as the Chick-fil-A Lodge in New Smyrna Beach about two weeks ago.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD02EAST080108.htm

Note that he also asked that they read a book and write a book report to him for 13 straight weeks. That might be the best part.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good for him. That guy really does do things his way. Makes a good chicken sandwich, too.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't Chick-Fil-A owned by one of the religious groups? I don't think any of the franchises are allowed to be open on Sundays.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

No, not a "religious group."

Truett Cathey is a Christian and never opened it on Sunday, and still doesn't.

Good for him. Good chicken soup, too.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Founder S. Truett Cathy, the man in the story, is still the chairman of Chick-fil-a.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That threw me off the first time I was in ATL. I wanted to check out what the big deal about the Chik-Fil-A was and they were closed. Imagine McDonalds or BK closing so employees can spend time with their family? OH and the commercials with the cows saying "eat more chicken" are great.

7. Mizzougrad96

Their breakfast biscuits, which McDonald's just copied, are the standard by which all fast food breakfasts should be measured.

8. Mizzougrad96

The first time I noticed it was in a mall down south when it was the only place closed. I just assumed it had gone out of business.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I assume that Mickey D's version is like all photocopies --- not as good as the original.

11. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Wonderful! Thanks for making me laugh and spit Mountain Dew all over my keyboard.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You shouldn't drink that. That stuff'll kill you...r computer.

Draft saved Draft deleted