1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wham! will reunite - no joke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Twenty years after he relegated Andrew Ridgeley to the sidelines for good -- not that Andrew wasn't already pretty much there before it became official -- George Michael has convinced his former bandmate to join him for a single concert appearance in December in London.

It'll be part of his current tour and will also feature the group's former backup singers, Pepsi and Shirlie.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=wham--more-time&method=full&objectid=17891166&siteid=62484-name_page.html

Surprisingly, George has apparently been pushing for a reunion for quite a long time but Andrew has always resisted. Can you imagine how George finally wore him down?

Andrew: Time can never mend the careless whisper of a good friend.

George: You put the boom-boom into my heart. You send my soul sky high when your loving starts.

Andrew: Take me back in time, maybe I can forget. Turn a different corner and we never would have met.

George: I don't want your freedom, I don't want to play around. Boy, all I want right now is you.

Andrew: Somebody tell me, whoa, why I work so hard for you - to give you money, oh, to give you money.

George: You take me to the edge of heaven, tell me that my soul's forgiven.

Andrew (finally convinced): Bad boys stick together, never sad boys. Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, whoo-whoo!

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Double J, I really have nothing against you, other than the time you took to put that last post together :)

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

To pass the time while editing the college rag, some of us would take the lyrics to "Everything She Wants" and say them like a dramatic reading.

It actually was quite humorous . . .

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Does anyone else find the fact Double J knows Wham! lyrics just a wee bit disturbing???

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is the most disturbing post in the history of the board. :D

Who could have imagined back in 1988 that come 2006, Ridgeley would be less of an embarrassment than Michael? Hey George, we're still waiting for "Listen Without Prejudice Vol. II." No, wait, we're not.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

And as if on cue...the Classic airs "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go."

So now we know where John Stockton got his shorts all those years.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Has Georgie done anything since the Freddie Mercury concert 15 years ago?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Considering all the disturbing posts that have come before, I am truly honoured to achieve this unique distinction. ;D

Yes, I liked Wham!'s music back in the day. I also thought a few New Kids songs were catchy. In retrospect, both groups had more on the ball than 90% of the acts dominating the charts today.

Regarding how much of an embarrassment George Michael has become, it's almost impossible to believe that back in 1988 he and Michael Jackson were 1-2 (you decide who was which) on the list of the world's most dynamic, creative and marketable pop stars.

10. This is worse news than those rap old guy awards a few threads over.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

When Wham! started out, they were rappers. "Wham Rap" was the name of their first single in Britain, and they took their name from the song.

12. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I'd stay out of the bathrooms at that show.

Draft saved Draft deleted