1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WH: Not ruling out attack on Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't understand. He's said there's no plan for it and wants to solve it diplomatically. What's the deal?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The administration uses this as a blueprint: [​IMG]

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The big deal is we're going to war with Iran.

5. three_bags_full

Oh, Lord. Here we go.

6. Killick

three bags, the problem is this white house thinks it has card blanche to do whatever they want under the umbrella of executive privilege. you're right, that's what was said. then asked about senators' comments that if they wanted to rumble with iran, it'd have to go through congress, the wh flunkie said 'not necessarily.' after everything that's gone on, surely you can see why that's makes folks a little jumpy?

7. three_bags_full

No, I can't. Do you honestly, sincerely believe we're headed to war with Iraq?

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I honestly think Bush will do anything to take away a little bit of attention from this failure we're seeing in Iraq. He did it with Afghanistan when he couldn't find Osama, and I think he'll do it again.

9. Point of Order

When stories have to be written with WH denying (but not ruling out) that we are going to war with Iran, bet your ass we're going to war with Iran, unless someone stops this runaway neocon train.

Think Nick Saban.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, I think we're there already.

And I just heard him say that same thing on sixty minutes. Iran, Syria, the whole area is in play. Are you ready for a non-NFL draft?

11. Point of Order

We should let Iraq have Bush and his whole damn administration full-time. We'll get someone new here.

12. Killick

three-bags, i would hope not. but this admin's track record doesn't exactly inspire confidence. i just heard w on 60 minutes say he was one of the first people to say they didn't find wmd's in iraq. spit-take. reply should have been 'in what reality, mr. president?' he stubbornly kept saying, 'we're going to find them' for MONTHS while others were saying they're not there.

at this point, i can't determine if he's nefarious or deluded.

Draft saved Draft deleted