1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WGN sucks ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 15, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, I as well as anybody know this could happen to , well, anybody, but I was watching the Cubs-Mets on WGN just now, and Bill Buckner is singing the seventh-inning stretch. They were introducing him and threw a nameline graphic "Bill Bucknor" under his name. Uh, any relation to C.B.? Funny he'd be doing this when the Cubs are playing the Mets, BTW.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

They were too busy running some more commercials for the crappy shows that are on there.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And previewing something called American Idol Rewind, or words to that effect. :-X

4. markvid

markvid Guest

That's ok, I put up the Pens' new GM Ray Shero as Fred (his dead dad) a couple of weeks ago.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's how much they think of the Cubs' front office and their choices of announcers. If WGN wanted to, they would bring Harry's casket and permanently keep it in the t.v. booth.

Hey Dusty, did you tell Carlos Zambrano to steal second base, or did Carlos do that to spite your shitty game management??

Draft saved Draft deleted