1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We've Got SNAKES. . . Yep, On A Plane (HBO Alert)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, May 10, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

That title is great on so many levels.

With Ellen in it, shouldn't it be "Ms. Right"?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bought it because I wanted to see how bad it actually was. And you know what? It's not even worth the $2.79 I spent on Amazon. It's horrible. It's like a C movie. Just terrible.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

C might even be a little high. I was excited when I came upon an undiscovered Sandler flick...only I didn't laugh once. I was very angry.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Same here. My brother-in-law told me I'd never be able to watch the movie in one sitting. If my friend didn't call me to go to the bar, I would have. But I never thought to tell him I was busy.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Snakes on a Plane?

Nope, we've got snakes in a crib!

A snake is seen in a tank at the Town of Islip, N.Y. animal control center on the evening of Monday, June 9, 2008. A woman who awoke to her baby's cries was shocked to peer into the crib and find the foot-long snake wrapped around her 7-month-old daughter's leg. (AP Photo/Newsday,Thomas A. Ferrara) **

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

SOAP is a fun, fun movie.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've seen 2 different movie posters on 5 different threads. And not ONE that counts.

Screw this mess. I think I'm gonna start posting on Analway now.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I finally saw Snakes on a Plane last week (most of it anyway...missed the raunchy sex scene, booooo). My Lord, was that awful. And not even in a good way. It was a movie with one good idea. "OK there are snakes on a plane...shit we need to come up with 100 minutes worth of stuff. How many times can we show snakes attacking people? Can we make sure a little puppy is thrown into a snake's mouth? And a sex scene. Is that 100 minutes? It's not? Shit. OK hire Samuel L. Jackson and have him go all Jules a whole lot."

This is the difference between the '00s and the '80s...back then, people made horrible movies without trying and with no sense of irony. But this was all about trying to be bad with a wink and allowing idiot marketing heads to show their chops, or lack thereof, by "building buzz." Twenty years ago this would have been a classic midnight movie, a la Rocky Horror.

Man do I miss the days of Cannon.

9. Seriously? Not yet?
    Aight. I'll do it.

[​IMG]

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What a wuss. It was only a foot long.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I can understand how people can hate this film, but I enjoyed it.

Wait, let me clarify. I enjoyed the experience of going to see this film.

I saw it twice in the theater, both times with a large group of friends, and I hadn't laughed that hard in a while.

The sheer over-the-top nature was enough to drive me into fits of uncontrollable hysteria. Example: The snake bites the girls boob.

Who thought of this shit? I mean, seriously.

That's all I could think of during the movie, and it really convinced me someone was high when they wrote this, but all in all i thought it was a fun, brainless, summer flick.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

The mom is suing the mattress maker:
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/06/11/Crib_snake_mom_to_sue_mattress_maker/UPI-71491213218938/

Draft saved Draft deleted