1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Texas high school freelancer help available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by MGraham17, Aug 4, 2010.

1. MGraham17

MGraham17 New Member

Experienced, award-winning student sports journalist at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, hoping to string West Texas high school football games during the 2010 season.

I’m entering my third full year as a sports writer and currently cover Texas Tech football beat for Texas Tech’s daily campus newspaper in addition to blogging Texas Tech athletics news for the Dallas Morning News’ college sports website.

During the 2010 summer I interned with RedRaiderSports.com which is part of the Rivals.com network.

Past experience includes covering the Texas Tech men’s basketball, baseball and women’s soccer beats as well as a three-day freelancing gig with the Northwest Arkansas Newspapers covering Fayetteville High School’s women’s basketball team while it participated in a tournament in Dallas.

I am hoping to do some high school football freelance work on Thursday and Friday nights this fall in the Lubbock, Midland-Odessa and Amarillo areas on weeks that the Texas Tech football team plays in Lubbock. On weekends Texas Tech is out of town, I will be on the road with the team.

Following Texas Tech’s final regular season game on Nov. 27, I am available for any high school playoff games on any day of the week in West Texas and can expand coverage to the Abilene and El Paso areas as well as the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
    Resume, clips and references available upon request. Please contact me at MGraham1712@yahoo.com.

Availability:
    Sept. 3 and Sept. 4
    Sept. 16 and Sept. 17
    Sept. 23, Sept. 24 and Sept. 25
    Oct. 7
    Oct. 14 and Oct. 15
    Nov. 4 and Nov. 5
    Nov. 18 and Nov. 19
    Available for any playoff games the week of Dec. 2 and beyond.

2. MGraham17

MGraham17 New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted