1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're not in the Norf of London anymore, Toto ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tornado hits London.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weather/Story/0,,1966688,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1

A FACT I had no idea of:

Bloody tornadoes! Makes me want to move back to Oklahoma.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So when a tornado hits in England, do they find rednecks to go on TV and say "It sounded just like a freight train"?

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Are there trailer parks in jolly old England?

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

What did tornadoes sound like before freight trains — a shit load of wagon trains?

5. statrat

statrat Member

My afternoon cup of coffee just about found itself all over my screen when I read that. Good question though.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nope.

Eyewitnesses said it lasted for up to 40 seconds; one man said he heard a sound "like standing behind a jetliner".

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

JR, down here below the Mason-Dixon Line, it's common knowledge that whenever a tornado hits the local TV crew will find the biggest hick to interview. Invariably, this person will be shirtless and will describe how the tornado destroyed his double-wide mobile home.

So, I was wondering if the Beeb found an English hick to interview on the telly.

Draft saved Draft deleted