1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Mar 25, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This was a heckuva story about the people who saved Baby Jessica. Old, but still a good read today.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/07/23/magazine/death-on-the-cnn-curve.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

2. If she wants privacy, that's OK. I kind of like that.

The fact that she's an anonymous regular person is sort of refreshing actually. If she's happy with life, I'm happy for her.

Happy 25th, Baby Jessica.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

All right, back down with her.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I agree with black dude with pompano. I mean, her appearance is being dissected for sport, which is pretty common in the ever-shrinking world.
    Gee, I can't imagine why she'd want to remain out of the public eye.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Wow, so she's not a 10. Heaven forbid.

Let's see how many cracker-eaters you have in bed with y'all.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

In the days before digital pictures, can you imagine the photog's elation when he realized he got the nearly perfect shot after developing the roll back at the shop?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

i game the system by being so roundly undesirable that i can criticize everyone equally since they would, to a woman, mace me and run screaming to the police were i so much as to ask them for the time.

ADVANTAGE: FAT UGLY AND FOREVER ALONE

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

MM, wasn't directed at you, man. Just some of the other charlatans here.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I laid out the front page for our Saturday paper, and the AP story on Jessica getting the trust fund was on it.

Her dad was the only one quoted in the story, as Jessica herself and her mom declined to be interviewed. Also, the most recent photo offered from AP was from her high school graduation in 2004. Everything else was file photos from the rescue. I thought the writer did a decent job though explaining what her life is like now (sounds like she's very content).

Draft saved Draft deleted