1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, we're at the beach for a week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 12, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

... and I'm pirating somebody else's bandwidth. Thanks.

The ocean (well, the gulf) is still here, for those of you who have been frightened into worrying about such things.

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Enjoy. Drink plenty of beer.... Nothing tastes better than beer at the beach.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And, my friend, what beach town are you visiting?

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

We hit the beach this morning. Helps when you live about 5 miles away from the ocean. ;)

Enjoy it!

5. three_bags_full

I really hate you.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I've lived 5 miles from the ocean for almost three years and I've been to the beach twice.

7. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

You're missing out. I'm about 10 minutes from the Atlantic. I try to go every other week. I've lived near the mountains before, but the beach is far more relaxing.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Just outside Pensacola, a hop and a skip past Gulf Breeze. The traditional family vacation grounds.

9. We live about 25 minutes from the beach, not counting the 25 minutes it takes to find a parking space and the extra 10 minutes it takes to walk to the actual water while carrying beach chairs and toys for the kid. As a result, we don't go as much as we'd like. Plus it seems to rain on the days we intend to go.

We had a blast the last time we went. It's one of those things where you tell yourself while you're there, 'we need to do this more often,' but it just never materializes.

Maybe we'll go next weekend ...

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

You do know wearing a wife-beater is not only allowed but encouraged there, right?

11. three_bags_full

We've been keeping Destin shops and restaurants in pretty good business.

12. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Without kids, it's a bit easier. And parking where I am isn't too bad, especially during the week.

Pick up a 12-pack, grab a friend and a couple chairs and just shoot the shit all day.

Draft saved Draft deleted