1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, so much for portraying your people "in a more positive light"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 17, 2009.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hondo, your bias is apparent. Otherwise, why make his religion an issue? What, him wasting his wife isn't enough to get you upset?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've already clearly stated that, but your reading comprehension as usual leaves much to be desired. Any murder is a terrible thing. And this man made his religion an issue. Not me. He came to the U.S. to launch a business designed to improved his people's image. Not only did he fail, but he certainly set the cause back.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Said the man who started the thread titled, "Well, so much for portraying your people 'in a more positive light'".

It's a good thing I've come around to your Muslim-hating ways, otherwise I might have had to call you a chutzpahtic jerkoff.

Understand, I'm not calling you a chutzpahtic jerkoff, I'm just pointing out what others might say. Parsing is fun for the whole family!

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, think about of all the times Hondo has posted about Presbyterians killing their wives with boredom.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

No I want you to care about every fucking white guy in this country who beats his wife. When you can work up some moral outrage over that, then you can move onto other cultures/ethnicities.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And so you felt that your thread title and latently racist leanings somehow fit the bill for this story?

7. Weren't the French always beheading people for one thing or another during the French Revolution?

Robespierre, Akbar!

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He didn't come to America to improve the image of his religion, since he came here more than 25 years ago.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ... since we hear about beheadings in middle America every day.

10. Last use of the guillotine in France to execute the death penalty?

Wait for it....

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, then that makes all the difference in the world ... let's rationalize a brutal killing any way we can.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not rationalizing anything. Merely pointing out yet another one of your mistakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted