1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, if Joe Pa can't control himself, how can he control his players

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll up it to a Mercedes S-Class if you can tell me what this has to do with Paterno berating a woman in traffic. Is that the "Penn State way" to deal with a traffic incident; to get out of the car and berate the poor sonofabitch? In this day and age of road rage Joe's lucky someone didnt pop a cap in his ass.

And what does Pitt football since 1976 have to do with this particular incident, Dan? Pitt has its own problems that have nothing to do with Paterno, or Paterno yelling at people in Traffic.

And I'm loving your fanboy antics on a sportsjournalism message board "Whats Pitt done since 1976?" I think you might be more at home here. http://bwi.rivals.com

2. BitterYoungMatador2

It's hysterical

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Why do I always cause trouble? I just wanted to pick on Wlat a bit!

4. BitterYoungMatador2

Wlat loves this thread
    [​IMG]

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You have a deleterious influence on this site. Troublemaker.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

One should always be able to pick on Wlat, dammit!

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Traffic issue?

He was pissed about something in traffic. Happens a lot. Wasn't like he pulled out a golf club and attacked someone.

Who was that back in the 90's? Vermeil? Someone like that. Pulled out a golf club and broke a window or something.

Paterno berated a woman. She and her husband yelled back.

Big Fucking Deal.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No reason for JoePa to quit. If he wants to, he ought to coach Penn State until the day he dies. Literally.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Which I believe is his plan

10. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Fine. What about Bowden?

What about Bowden's corrupt program, compared with Paterno's?

11. BitterYoungMatador2

What about him? I think both of them are holding on for as long as they can in order to retire with the record for most victories. What drives me insane about Paterno is that this is a man who for decades told his players to get an education because there is more to life than football. Yet, here's Joe holding on for as long as he can because there's nothing more for him than football. He's all but openly admitted that he's scared to death that, if he retired tomorrow, he'd be dead within a year like Bear Bryant was. Problem is, Joe's taken a lot better care of himself over the years that Bear did....well, unless you consider a fifth of whiskey and two packs of Chesterfields healthy.

12. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Yeah, fine, but when has Bowden ever talked about education?

No one even talks anymore about how Bowden's first 31 victories or so were done at a 1-AA school.

What about Bowden? You think he's greater than Paterno?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.