1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the Pope.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 14, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Now that Boom has explained to me that the Pope isn't actually attending ballgames in DC and NY, they just needed a really big place for Mass (what do I know, sorry), I ask you:

Is anyone going to see the Pope?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No Pope for me.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

This should be titled the "Running Pope visits US thread."

Second point: Seeing the Pope throwing out the first pitch at Yankees stadium would have been awesome!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Seing the Pope and the Dalai Lama in a rap battle would be even awesomer.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

From washingtonpost.com:

Christopher Hitchens
    What I'd Ask the Pope
    If Ratzinger is not asked at every stop he makes, and in level yet firm tones, why he and the Vatican continue to shelter Cardinal Law, our profession will have shamed and disgraced itself. We already know that the Pope is a Roman Catholic. What we need to hear is his reason for giving sinecure and asylum to the man who organized and excused the rape and torture of tens of thousands of American children. And then, when he has given his first answer, we need to hear how he answers all the supplementary questions.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and, anyone who resents that line of logic . . .

That's not our problem.

It's yours.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you can find me a picture of the Pope jogging in Central Park, I will change the thread title to 'Running Pope Thread.'

My other question, if you were planning the Pope's visit, what would you have him do? Me, I want to hear him sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at Wrigley. No disrespect intended.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hi Pope!

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd say Dancing With The Stars, but he'd just be a levitating wallflower.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He needs to be a guest on a reality show -- Dancing with the Stars, Survivor or Real Housewives of NYC would be my choices. Or maybe one of the MTV shows, like Pimp My Ride (the Pope mobile was once a '74 Chevy Vega) or Cribs (do you know how many jacuzzis are in the Vatican living quarters?)

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My Super Sweet Benedict the XVI?

Nah.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'd like to know what he thinks about American catholics, of which 72 percent say they are satisfied with this country's Catholic leadership yet 45 percent have never been to confessional and 36 percent don't attend Mass. How are they satisfied with something they know nothing about?

Draft saved Draft deleted