1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome To Extortion, Texas.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've been to Tenaha and through it several times. It's the intersection of three U.S. highways (59, 84 and 96). Their boys basketball team is in the state tournament in Austin, by the way.

I never got any more of a racist vibe there than in any other east Texas town. Maybe that's saying something.

(Add: San Jacinto County is about 100 miles south on 59, on the Houston outskirts.)

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

There's a town on I-10 in Louisiana, Sulphur I think, that got busted for this same stuff.

Some paper did the story, and then (I believe) 60 Minutes did a piece.

3. That's a helluva column.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, FEN!

5. Just climate-wise, bubbler.
    Pewaukee girls, really knock me out...

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

"Your car is blue. I believe that's ground for a strip search."

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Real Sports on HBO did a piece on a minor league baseball player, who was shot by police for DWB in Bellaire, a suburb of Houston. It was pretty damning.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's what I'd like to know. Where in the Constitution does it say that any law enforcement agency get to strip away people's property if they are arrested or convicted?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So I take it you are one of them pinkos who wants to coddle criminals and strip away the rights from cops.

If you are against a police officer jamming his cold fist up your anal cavity, you must have something to hide.

10. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

That is a hell of a lot of riding around money, I must say.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've listened to stories that black folks my age tell about driving through texas "back in the day" and how their fathers wouldn't pull over for the night until they were in new mexico. i had no idea this shit still existed today.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Idiots should have kept it in the stock market.

Draft saved Draft deleted