1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome back, Morten Andersen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

It's a Dungard two-bar model DG205. Since it's directly screwed to the helmet on top it is no longer legal, but Morten is grandfathered in.

Check out http://www.helmethut.com for more information on helmets anf facemasks than anyone could digest.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I remember reading where his kicking shoe cost something like $1,500.

Where's Benny Ricardo when you need him? Or Tim Mazzetti?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or Gary Anderson. If Morten is back, can the South African soccer-styler be far behind?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Amazing piece of research there. Gracias.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What about Jan Stenerud or one of the Zendejas or Bahr brothers?

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Rather than starting a whole new thread, or even adding to the NFL thread...I'll revive an old one!

I have a feeling we'll be doing this for another few years, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3024857

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Crap. Now I can't completely loathe the Falcons. :)

Good for Morten. But, at this rate, he won't be eligible for Canton until he's 60. :D

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

Anderson should be the second kicker elected to the Hall of Fame. There's only one in, if I recall right. Trivia note - he also broadcast the Super Bowl back to Sweden at least once.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If I thought the Falcons were even relevant, I could root against them. Anderson is a prick. I heard a number of stories about him charging huge appearance fees to show up at charity events in New Orleans when he was with the Saints.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Petrino screwed this whole situation up from the get-go. They had Billy Cundiff, but signed Matt Prater on the basis of one workout the day before the final exhibition game. Prater had failed to stick with three teams last year. Then he goes 1-for-4 and misses two chippies against the Jaguars in a 13-7 loss.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He'll never be Jeff Feagles. ...

12. KP

KP Active Member

Good use of the archive.

Draft saved Draft deleted